(2) It shall be the duty of the company to give all assistance and facilities to the company secretary in practice, for auditing the secretarial and related records of the company.
(3) The , in their report made in terms of sub-section (3) of section 134, shall explain in full any qualification or observation or other remarks made by the company secretary in practice in his report under sub-section (1).
(4) If a company or any of the company or the company secretary in practice, contravenes the provisions of this section, the company, every officer of the comapny or the company secretary in practice, who is in default, shall be punishable with fine which shall not be less than one lakh rupees but which may extend to five lakh rupees.
13.1.9- Companies (Appointment and Remuneration of Managerial Personnel) Rules,2014
9. Secretarial Audit Report.-
(1) For the purposes of sub-section (1) of section 204, the other class of companies shall be as under-
(a) every public company having a paid-up share capital of fifty crore rupees or more; or
For the purposes of this sub-rule, it is hereby clarified that the paid up share capital, turnover, or outstanding loans or borrowings as the case may be, existing on the last date of latest audited financial statement shall be taken into account.