(1) The functions of the shall include,—
(a) to report to the about compliance with the provisions of this Act, the rules made there under and other laws applicable to the company;
(b) to ensure that the company complies with the applicable secretarial standards;
(c) to discharge such other duties
Explanation.—For the purpose of this section, the expression “secretarial standards” means secretarial standards issued by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India constituted under section 3 of the Company Secretaries Act, 1980 and approved by the Central Government.
(2) The provisions contained in section 204 and section 205 shall not affect the duties and functions of the Board of Directors, chairperson of the company, or under this Act, or any other law for the time being in force.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this clause, the power to do administrative acts of a routine nature when so authorised by the Board such as the power to affix the common seal of the company to any document or to draw and endorse any cheque on the account of the company in any bank or to draw and endorse any negotiable instrument or to sign any certificate of share or to direct registration of transfer of any share, shall not be deemed to be included within the substantial powers of management.
13.1.10- Companies (Appointment and Remuneration of Managerial Personnel) Rules,2014
10. Duties of Company Secretary.-
The duties of Company Secretary shall also discharge, the following duties, namely:-
(1) to provide to the directors of the company, collectively and individually, such guidance as they may require, with regard to their duties, responsibilities and powers;
(2) to facilitate the convening of meetings and attend Board, committee and general meetings and maintain the minutes of these meetings;
(3) to obtain approvals from the Board, general meeting, the government and such other authorities as required under the provisions of the Act;
(4) to represent before various regulators, and other authorities under the Act in connection with discharge of various duties under the Act;
(5) to assist the Board in the conduct of the affairs of the company;
(6) to assist and advise the Board in ensuring good corporate governance and in complying with the corporate governance requirements and best practices; and
(7) to discharge such other duties as have been specified under the Act or rules; and
(8) such other duties as may be assigned by the Board from time to time.