Code of Fair Disclosure.
1. The board of directors of every company, whose securities are listed on a stock exchange, shall on its official website, a for fair disclosure of unpublished price sensitive information that it would follow in order to adhere to each of the principles set out in to these regulations, without diluting the provisions of these regulations in any manner.
NOTE: This provision intends to require every company whose securities are listed on stock exchanges to formulate a stated framework and policy for fair disclosure of events and occurrences that could impact price discovery in the market for its securities. Principles such as, equality of access to information, publication of policies such as those on dividend, inorganic growth pursuits, calls and meetings with analysts, publication of transcripts of such calls and meetings, and the like are set out in the schedule.
2. Every such code of practices and procedures for fair disclosure of unpublished price sensitive information and every amendment thereto shall be promptly intimated to the stock exchanges where the securities are listed.
NOTE: This provision is aimed at requiring transparent disclosure of the policy formulated in sub-regulation (1).
1. Refer Guidance Note on Analyst/Institutional Investors meet dated 29.06.2021. To view the circular, Click Here
2. Refer circular CIR/ISD/01/2015 dated 11.05.2015. To view the circular,Click Here
Circular on disclosure of Unpublished Price Sensitive Information by Listed Companies dated 06.07.2018
Guidance Note on Analyst/Institutional Investors meet dated 29.06.2021
PIT- Circular CIR/ISD/01/2015 dated 11/05/2015
SEBI Master Circular dated 23.03.2023 regarding surveillance of securities market
PIT – SCHEDULE A
[See sub-regulation (1) of regulation 8]
Principles of Fair Disclosure for purposes of Code of Practices and Procedures for Fair Disclosure of Unpublished Price Sensitive Information
1. Prompt public disclosure of unpublished price sensitive information that would impact price discovery no sooner than credible and concrete information comes into being in order to make such information generally available.
2. Uniform and universal dissemination of unpublished price sensitive unpublished price sensitive information to avoid selective disclosure.
3. Designation of a senior officer as a chief investor relations officer to deal with dissemination of information and disclosure of unpublished price sensitive information.
4. Prompt dissemination of unpublished price sensitive information that gets disclosed selectively, inadvertently or otherwise to make such information generally available.
5. Appropriate and fair response to queries on news reports and requests for verification of market rumours by regulatory authorities.
6. Ensuring that information shared with analysts and research personnel is not unpublished price sensitive information.
7. Developing best practices to make transcripts or records of proceedings of meetings with analysts and other investor relations conferences on the official website to ensure official confirmation and documentation of disclosures made.
8. Handling of all unpublished price sensitive information on a need-to-know basis.