(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other provisions of this Act,—
(a) every making public offer; and
(b) such other class or classes of companies
shall issue the only in dematerialised form by complying with the provisions of the Depositories Act, 1996 (22 of 1996) and the regulations made thereunder.
In case of such class or classes of unlisted companies as may be prescribed, the securities shall be held or transferred only in dematerialised form in the manner laid down in the Depositories Act, 1996 and the regulations made thereunder.
(2) Any company, other than a company mentioned in sub-section (1), may convert its securities into dematerialised form or issue its securities in physical form in accordance with the provisions of this Act or in dematerialised form in accordance with the provisions of the Depositories Act, 1996 (22 of 1996) and the regulations made thereunder.
3.1.9-Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Rules,2014
9. Dematerialisation of securities.—
The promoters of every public company making a public offer of any convertible securities may hold such securities only in dematerialised form:
Provided that the entire holding of convertible securities of the company by the promoters held in physical form up to the date of the initial public offer shall be converted into dematerialised form before such offer is made and thereafter such promoter shareholding shall be held in dematerialized form only.
(1) Every unlisted public company shall –
(a) issue the securities only in dematerialised form; and
(b) facilitate dematerialisation of all its existing securities
in accordance with provisions of the Depositories Act, 1996 and regulations made there under.
(2) Every unlisted public company making any offer for issue of any securities or buyback of securities or issue of bonus shares or rights offer shall ensure that before making such offer, entire holding of securities of its promoters, directors, key managerial personnel has been demateriarised in accordance with provisions of the Depositories Act 1996 and regulations made there under.
(3) Every holder of securities of an unlisted public company,_
(a) who intends to transfer such securities on or after 2nd October, 2018, shall get such securities dematerialised before the transfer; or
(b) who subscribes to any securities of an unnlisted public company (whether by way of private placement or bonus shares or rights offer) on or after 2nd October, 2018 shall ensure that all his existing securities are held in dematerialized form before such subscription.
(4) Every unlisted public company shall facilitate dematerialisation of all its existing securities by making necessary application to a depository as defined in clause (e) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Depositories Act, 1996 and shall secure International security Identification Number (ISIN) for each type of security and shall in-form all its existing security holders about such facility.
(5) Every unlisted public company shall ensure that-
(a) it makes timely payment of fees (admission as well as annual) to the depository and registrar to an issue and share transfer agent in accordance with the agreement executed between the parties;
(b) it maintains security deposit at all times, of not less than two years, fees with the depository and registrar to an issue and share transfer agent in such form as may be agreed between the parties; and
(c) it complies with the regulations or directions or guidelines or circulars, if any, issued by the securities and Exchange Board or Depository from time to time with respect to dematerialisation of shares of unlisted public companies and matters incidental or related thereto.
(6) No unlisted public company which has defaulted in sub-rule (5) shall make offer of any securities or buyback its securities or issue any bonus or right shares till the payments to depositories or registrar to an issue and share transfer agent are made.
(7) Except as provided in sub-rule(s), the provisions of the Depositories Act 1996, the securities and Exchange Board of India (Depositories and participants)
Regulations, 1996 and the securities and Exchange Board of India (Registrars to an Issue and share Transfer Agents) Regulations, 1993 shall apply mutatis mutandis to dematerialisation of securities of unlisted public companies.
Every unlisted public company governed by this rule shall submit to the Registrar with such fee as provided in Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014 within sixty days from the conclusion of each half year duly certified by a company secretary in practice or chartered accountant in practice.
(8A) The company shall immediately bring to the notice of the depositories any difference observed in its issued capital and the capital held in dematerialised form.
(8) The audit report provided under regulation 55A of the securities and Exchange Board of India (Depositories and participants) Regulations, 1996 shall be submitted by the unlisted public company on a half-yearly basis to the Registrar under whose jurisdiction the registered office of the company is situated.
(9) The grievances, if any, of security holders of unlisted public companies under this rule shall be filed before the Investor Education and protection Fund Authority.
(10) The Investor Education and protection Fund Authority shall initiate any action against a depository or participant or registrar to an issue and share transfer agent after prior consultation with the securities and Exchange Board of India.
This rule shall not apply to an unlisted public company which is:—
(a) a Nidhi;
(b) a Government company or
(c) a wholly owned subsidiary
Form PAS-6 has been revised vide MCA notification dated 20.01.2023. To view the Notification, Click here. To view the revised Return, Click here.
MCA has extended the last date to file Form PAS-6 for the half-year ended on 30.09.2019 upto 60 days from the date of deployment of this form on the website of the Ministry vide its Circular dated 28.11.2019. To view the Circular. Click Here.
To view the Return, Click Here.
Enforcement notification S.O.2754 (E) dated 12/09/2013
Notification regarding Commencement of certain sections of the companies (Amendment) Act, 2019 dated 14.08.2019 w.e.f., 15.08.2019
The Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019 dated 31.07.2019
The Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Third Amendment Rules, 2018 dated 10th September,2018
The Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Third Amendment Rules, 2019 dated 22.05.2019 w.e.f., 30.09.2019
General Circular extending the last date to file Form PAS-6 dated 28.11.2019