(1) Where the committee of creditors, at any time during the pre-packaged insolvency resolution process period, by a vote of not less than sixty-six per cent. of the voting shares, resolves to vest the management of the corporate debtor with the resolution professional, the resolution professional shall make an application for this purpose to the Adjudicating Authority, in such form and manner as may be specified.
(2) On an application made under sub-section (1), if the Adjudicating Authority is of the opinion that during the pre-packaged insolvency resolution process—
(a) the affairs of the corporate debtor have been conducted in a fraudulent manner; or
(b) there has been gross mismanagement of the affairs of the corporate debtor, it shall pass an order vesting the management of the corporate debtor with the resolution professional.
(3) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Chapter, the provisions of —
(a) sub-sections (2) and (2A) of section 14;
(b) section 17;
(c) clauses (e) to (g) of section 18;
(d) sections 19 and 20;
(e) sub-section (1) of section 25;
(f) clauses (a) to (c) and clause (k) of subsection (2) of section 25; and
(g) section 28,
shall, mutatis mutandis apply, to the proceedings under this Chapter, from the date of the order under subsection (2), until the pre-packaged insolvency resolution process period comes to an end.
1. Inserted vide Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Act, 2021 notification dated 11.08.2021, effective from 04.04.2021. The Ordinance dated 04.04.2021 stands repealed. To view the notification, Click Here
2. Inserted vide The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021 dated 04.04.2021. To view the notification, Click Here