(1) The issuer may mention a price or price band in the draft prospectus (in case of a fixed price issue) and floor price or price band in the red herring prospectus (in case of a book built issue) and determine the price at a later date before registering the prospectus with the Registrar of Companies:
Provided that the prospectus registered with the Registrar of Companies shall contain only one price or the specific coupon rate, as the case may be.
(2) The issuer shall announce the floor price or price band at least
two working days before the opening of the bid (in case of an initial public offer) and at least one working day before the opening of the bid (in case of a further public offer), in all the newspapers in which the pre issue advertisement was released.
(3) The announcement referred to in sub-regulation (2) shall contain relevant financial ratios computed for both upper and lower end of the price band and also a statement drawing attention of the investors to the section titled “basis of issue price” in the prospectus.
(4) The cap on the price band shall be less than or equal to one hundred and twenty per cent. of the floor price.
(5) The floor price or the final price shall not be less than the face value of the specified securities.
Explanation: For the purposes of sub-regulation (4), the “cap on the price band” includes cap on the coupon rate in case of convertible debt instruments.
SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) (Fourth Amendment) Regulations, 2012, w.e.f. 12.10.2012