(1)The issuer shall appoint one or more merchant bankers, one of whom shall be a lead merchant banker and shall also appoint other intermediaries, in consultation with the lead merchant banker, to carry out the obligations relating to the issue.
(2) The issuer shall, through the lead merchant banker, file the draft offer document prepared in accordance with the home country requirements along with an addendum containing disclosures as specified in Part A of Schedule XXI with the Board, as a confidential filing accompanied with fees as specified in Part A of Schedule IV.
(3) The Board may specify changes or issue observations, if any, on the draft offer document and the addendum within thirty days or from the following dates, whichever is later:
(a) the date of receipt of the draft offer document prepared in accordance with the home country requirements along with an addendum under sub-regulation (2); or
(b) the date of receipt of satisfactory reply from the lead merchant bankers, where the Board has sought any clarification or additional information from them; or
(c) the date of receipt of clarification or information from any regulator or agency, where the Board has sought any clarification or information from such regulator or agency; or
(d) the date of receipt of a copy of in-principle approval letter issued by the recognised
(4) If the Board specifies changes or issues observations on the draft offer document and the addendum under sub-regulation(3), the issuer and the merchant banker shall file the revised draft offer document and the updated addendum after incorporating the changes suggested or specified by the Board.
(5) The issuer shall also submit an undertaking from the Overseas Custodian and Domestic
Depository addressed to the issuer, to comply with their obligations with respect to the said rights issue under their respective agreements entered into between them, along with the offer document.
(6) The issuer shall ensure that the Compliance Officer, in charge of ensuring compliance with the obligations under this Chapter, functions from within the territorial limits of India.
SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2011, w.e.f. 23.09.2011