2.3.10:Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Professionals) Regulations, 2016.
(a) issues or renews an authorisation for assignment;
(b) suspends or cancels an authorisation for assignment;
(d) accepts the surrender of an authorisation for assignment,
receives intimation of demise of an individual or winding up or dissolution of a company, limited liability partnership or registered partnership firm and strikes the name of the professional member from its registers.
within one working day of taking such action.
(1) An insolvency professional agency shall inform the Board if any of its professional members has temporarily surrendered his certificate of membership or revived his certificate of membership after temporary surrender, not later than seven days from approval of the application for , as the case may be.
(1) An insolvency professional may surrender its certificate of registration by making a request to the Board, in writing along with the certificate of registration in original.
(2) If the Board is satisfied, it may accept the request for surrender of certificate of registration within thirty days of its receipt and upon acceptance, the registration of such insolvency professional shall stand cancelled.
(3) On and from the date of cancellation of certificate of registration, the concerned person shall not represent itself to be a holder of the certificate for carrying out the activity for which such certificate had been granted.
(1) While disposing of the matter under this regulation, the Board shall not be bound by the procedure specified in regulation 11.
(2) On receipt of information under clause (e) and (f) of sub-regulation (1) of regulation 10, the Board may issue a notice, if required, to such professional member, calling upon it to explain as to why the certificate of registration, granted under the regulations, should not be cancelled.
(3) The professional member may make written submission(s), if any, within a period not exceeding twenty-one days from the date of service of notice.
(4) On being satisfied with the submission(s) made under sub-regulation (3), the Board may decide to cancel the registration or issue directions to complete the ongoing assignments, make pending compliances including payment of fee, etc.
(5) The Board shall communicate its decision under sub-regulation (4) within thirty days from date of receipt of written submissions under sub-regulation (3).
(6) On receipt of information under clause (g) of sub-regulation (1) of regulation 10, the registration of such insolvency professional with the Board shall be deemed to have been cancelled from the date of demise or winding up or dissolution, as the case may be.
(7) On and from the date of cancellation of the certificate of registration, under this regulation, the legal heirs or assignee of the insolvency professional shall take steps for delivery of any record(s) or document(s) or assets that may be in its custody or control, within the time period and in the manner, as may be required under the relevant regulations or as may be directed by the Board.”
IBBI Notification dated 18.09.2023 regarding IBBI (Insolvency Professionals) (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2023
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Professionals) (Amendment) Regulations, 2019 dated 23.07.2019
Circular on Temporary Surrender and Revival of Professional Membership of an Insolvency Professional dated 02.05.2019