Share Transfer Agent.
7. (1) The listed entity shall appoint a share transfer agent or manage the share transfer facility in-house:
Provided that, in the case of in-house share transfer facility, as and when the total number of holders of securities of the listed entity exceeds one lakh, the listed entity shall either register with the Board as a Category II share transfer agent or appoint Registrar to an issue and share transfer agent registered with the Board.
(2) The listed entity shall ensure that all activities in relation to share transfer facility are maintained either in house or by Registrar to an issue and share transfer agent registered with the Board.
(3) The listed entity shall submit a compliance certificate to the exchange, duly signed by both the compliance officer of the listed entity and the authorised representative of the share transfer agent, wherever applicable,within one month of end of each half of the financial year, certifying compliance with the requirements of sub- regulation (2).
(4) In case of any change or appointment of a new share transfer agent, the listed entity shall enter into a tripartite agreement between the existing share transfer agent, the new share transfer agent and the listed entity, in the manner as specified by the Board from time to time:
Provided that in case the existing share transfer facility is managed in-house, the agreement referred above shall be entered into between the listed entity and the new share transfer agent.
(5) The listed entity shall intimate such appointment, referred to in sub-regulation (4), to the stock exchange(s) within seven days of entering into the agreement.
(6) The agreement referred to in sub-regulation (4) shall be placed in the subsequent meeting of the board of directors:
Provided that the requirements of this regulation shall not be applicable to the units issued by mutual funds that are listed on recognised stock exchange(s).
Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) (Fourth Amendment) Regulations, 2018