Section 178 of The Companies Act, 2013
Stakeholders Relationship Committee.
20. (1) The listed entity shall constitute a Stakeholders Relationship Committee to specifically look into
the mechanism of redressal of grievances of shareholders, debenture holders and other security holders.
(2) The chairperson of this committee shall be a non-executive director.
(3) The board of directors shall decide other members of this committee.
SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) (Amendment) Regulations, 2018 dated 09.05.2018
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) (Fourth Amendment) Regulations, 2019 dated 29.07.2019
LODR – SCHEDULE II Part D
PART D: ROLE OF COMMITTEES (OTHER THAN AUDIT COMMITTEE)
[See Regulation 19(4) and 20(4)]
A. ROLE OF NOMINATION AND REMUNERATION COMMITTEE :Role of committee shall, inter-alia, include the following:
1. formulation of the criteria for determining qualifications, positive attributes and independence of a director and recommend to the board of directors a policy relating to, the remuneration of the directors, key managerial personnel and other employees;
2. formulation of criteria for evaluation of performance of independent directors and the board of directors;
3. devising a policy on diversity of board of directors;
4. identifying persons who are qualified to become directors and who may be appointed in senior management in accordance with the criteria laid down, and recommend to the board of directors their appointment and removal.
5. whether to extend or continue the term of appointment of the independent director, on the basis of the report of performance evaluation of independent directors.
The role of the committee shall inter-alia include the following:
(1) Resolving the grievances of the security holders of the listed entity including complaints related to transfer/transmission of shares, non-receipt of annual report, non-receipt of declared dividends, issue of new/duplicate certificates, general meetings etc.
(2) Review of measures taken for effective exercise of voting rights by shareholders.
(3) Review of adherence to the service standards adopted by the listed entity in respect of various services being rendered by the Registrar & Share Transfer Agent.
(4) Review of the various measures and initiatives taken by the listed entity for reducing the quantum of unclaimed dividends and ensuring timely 18 receipt of dividend warrants/annual reports/statutory notices by the shareholders of the company
B. Stakeholders Relationship Committee The Committee shall consider and resolve the grievances of the security holders of the listed entity including complaints related to transfer of shares, non-receipt of annual report and non-receipt of declared dividends.