(1) A debtor who commits a default may apply, either personally or through a resolution professional, to the Adjudicating Authority for initiating the insolvency resolution process, by submitting an application.
(2) Where the debtor is a partner of a firm, such debtor shall not apply under this Chapter to the Adjudicating Authority in respect of the firm unless all or a majority of the partners of the firm file the application jointly.
(3) An application under sub-section (1) shall be submitted only in respect of debts which are not excluded debts.
(4) A debtor shall not be entitled to make an application under sub-section (1) if he is—
(a) an undischarged bankrupt;
(b) undergoing a fresh start process;
(c) undergoing an insolvency resolution process; or
(d) undergoing a bankruptcy process.
(5) A debtor shall not be eligible to apply under sub-section (1) if an application under this Chapter has been admitted in respect of the debtor during the period of twelve months preceding the date of submission of the application under this section.
(6) The application referred to in sub-section (1) shall be in such form and manner and accompanied with such fee as may be prescribed.