(1) Save as otherwise provided in sub-sections (2) to (4), the shares of a Member of a Producer Company shall not be transferable.
(2) A Member of a Producer Company may, after obtaining the previous approval of the Board, transfer the whole or part of his shares alongwith any special rights, to an active Member at par value.
(3) Every Member shall, within three months of his becoming a Member in the Producer Company, nominate, in the manner specified in articles, a person to whom his shares in the Producer Company shall vest in the event of his death.
(4) The nominee shall, on the death of the Member, become entitled to all the rights in the shares of the Producer Company and the Board of that Company shall transfer the shares of the deceased Member to his nominee:
Provided that in a case where such nominee is not a producer, the Board shall direct the surrender of shares together with special rights, if any, to the Producer Company at par value or such other value as may be determined by the Board.
(5) Where the Board of a Producer Company is satisfied that—
(a) any Member has ceased to be a primary producer; or
(b) any Member has failed to retain his qualifications to be a Member as specified in articles, the Board shall direct the surrender of shares together with special rights, if any, to the Producer Company at par value or such other value as may be determined by the Board:
Provided that the Board shall not direct such surrender of shares unless the Member has been served with a written notice and given an opportunity of being heard.