(a) any person who claims an interest in the disclaimed property; or
(b) any person who is under any liability in respect of the disclaimed property; or
(c) where the disclaimed property is a dwelling house, any person who on the date of application for bankruptcy was in occupation of or entitled to occupy that dwelling house.
(2) The Adjudicating Authority may on an application under sub-section (1) make an order for the vesting of the disclaimed property in, or for its delivery to any of the persons mentioned in sub-section (1).
(3) The Adjudicating Authority shall not make an order in favour of a person who has made an application under clause (b) of sub-section (1) except where it appears to the Adjudicating Authority that it would be just to do so for the purpose of compensating the person.
(4) The effect of an order under this section shall be taken into account while assessing loss or damage sustained by any person in consequence of the disclaimer under sub-section (5) of section 160.
(5) An order under sub-section (2) vesting property in any person need not be completed by any consequence, assignment or transfer.
2.17.29. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Bankruptcy Process for Personal Guarantors to Corporate Debtors) Regulations, 2019
29. Disclaimer of onerous property.
(1) The bankruptcy trustee shall notify the bankrupt and the persons interested in the onerous property in respect of the proposed disclaimer, at least seven days prior to serving the notice of disclaimer under sub-section (1) of section 160.
(2) The notification under sub-regulation (1) shall contain the intention of the bankruptcy trustee to disclaim the property, particulars of the property intended to be disclaimed, and details of the interested persons in such property.
(3) The notice under sub-section (1) of section 160 shall be filed with the Adjudicating Authority within three days of giving such notice to the persons mentioned therein.
(4) An application under sub-section (1) of section 163 shall be made within thirty days of the applicant becoming aware of the disclaimer or from the date of the notice of disclaimer under sub-section (1) of section 160, whichever is earlier.
Explanation. – For the purpose of this regulation, a person interested in onerous property means –
(a) any person who claims an interest in the disclaimed property;
(b) any person who is under any liability in respect of the onerous property; or
(c) where the disclaimed property is a dwelling house, any person who is in occupation of or entitled to occupy the dwelling house, on the date of filing of application.