24.1.9-Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014
9. Maintaining documents electronically.-
(1) The Central Government shall set up and maintain a secure electronic registry in which all the applications, financial statement, prospectus, return, register, memorandum, articles, particulars of charges, or any particulars or returns or any other documents filed under the Act to be electronically stored.
(2) Every document or certificate or notice or other document required to be registered or authenticated by the Registrar or an officer of the Central Government under the Act or rules made there under, shall be registered or authenticated through a valid digital signature of such person or a system generated digital signature.
(3) The Registrar shall issue document, certificate, notice, receipt, approval or communicate endorsement or acknowledgement in the electronic mode:
Provided that where the Registrar is not able to issue any certificate, receipt, endorsement, acknowledgement or approval in electronic mode for the reasons to be recorded in writing, he may issue such certificate or receipt or endorsement, acknowledgement or approval in the physical form under manual signature affixing seal of his office.
(4) The Registrar may send any document, certificate, notice or any other communication to the company or its authorised representative or directors or both in the electronic manner for which the company shall create and maintain at all times a valid electronic addresses including e-mail, user identifications capable of receiving and acknowledging the receipt of the document, certificate, notice or other communication, automated or otherwise.