28.1.6: The Companies (Mediation and Conciliation) Rules, 2016
6. Application for appointment of Mediator or Conciliator and his appointment
(1) (a) Parties concern may agree on the name of the sole mediator or conciliator for mediation or conciliation between them;
(b) Where, there are two or more sets of parties and are unable to agree on a sole mediator or conciliator, the Central Government or the Tribunal or the Appellate Tribunal may ask each party to nominate the mediator or conciliator or the Central Government or the Tribunal or the Appellate Tribunal may appoint the mediator or conciliator, as may be deemed necessary for mediation or conciliation between the parties.
(2) The application to the Central Government or the Tribunal or the Appellate Tribunal, as the case may be, for referring the matter pertaining to any proceeding pending before it for mediation or conciliation shall be in and shall be accompanied with a fee of one thousand rupees.
(3) On receipt of an application under sub-rule(2), the Central government or the Tribunal or the Appellate Tribunal shall appoint one or more experts from the panel.
(4) The Central government or the Tribunal or the Appellate Tribunal, as the case may be, before which any proceeding is pending may, suo motu, refer any matter pertaining to such proceeding to such number of experts from the Mediation and Conciliation Panel, if it deems fit in the interest of parties.