2.1.22-Companies (Incorporation) Rules,2014
22. Other conditions to be complied with by companies registered under section 8 seeking conversion into any other kind.-
(1) The company shall, within a week from the date of submitting the application to the Regional Director, publish a notice at its own expense, and a copy of the notice, as published, shall be sent forthwith to the Regional Director and the said notice shall be in and shall be published-
(a) at least once in a vernacular newspaper in the principal vernacular language of the district in which the registered office of the company is situated, and having a wide circulation in that district, and at least once in English language in an English newspaper having a wide circulation in that district;and
(b) on the website of the company, if any, and as may be notified or directed by the Central Government.
(2) The company shall send a copy of the notice, simultaneously with its publication, together with a copy of the application and all attachments by registered post or hand delivery, to the Chief Commissioner of Income Tax having jurisdiction over the company, Income Tax Officer who has jurisdiction over the company, the Charity Commissioner, the Chief Secretary of the State in which the registered office of the company is situated, any organisation or Department of the Central Government or State Government or other authority under whose jurisdiction the company has been operating and if any of these authorities wish to make any representation to Regional Director, it shall do so within sixty days of the receipt of the notice, after giving an opportunity to the Company.
(3) The copy of proof of serving such notice shall be attached to the application.
(4) The Board of directors shall give a declaration to the effect that no portion of the income or property of the company has been or shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividend or bonus or otherwise to persons who are or have been members of the company or to any one or more of them or to any persons claiming through any one or more of them.
(5) Where the company has obtained any special status, privilege, exemption, benefit or grant(s) from any authority such as Income Tax Department, Charity Commissioner or any organisation or Department of Central Government, State Government, Municipal Body or any recognized authority, a “No Objection Certificate” must be obtained, if required under the terms of the said special status, privilege, exemption, benefit or grant(s) from the concerned authority and filed with the Regional Director, along with the application.
(6) The company should have filed all its financial statements and Annual Returns upto the financial year preceding the submission of the application to the Regional Director and all other returns required to be filed under the Act up to the date of submitting the application to the Regional Director and in the event the application is made after the expiry of three months from the date of preceding financial year to which the financial statement has been filed, a statement of the financial position duly certified by chartered accountant made up to a date not preceding thirty days of filing the application shall be attached.
(7) The company shall
attach with the application a certificate from practicing Chartered Accountant or Company Secretary in practice or in practice certifying that the conditions laid down in the Act and these rules relating to conversion of a company registered under section 8 into any other kind of company, have been complied with.
(8) The Regional Director may require the applicant to furnish the approval or concurrence of any particular authority for grant of his approval for the conversion and he may also obtain the report from the Registrar
(9) On receipt of the application, and on being satisfied , the Regional Director shall issue an order approving the conversion of the company into a company of any other kind subject to such terms and conditions as may be imposed in the facts and circumstances of each case including the following conditions, namely;-
(a) the company shall give up and shall not claim, with effect from the date its conversion takes effect, any special status, exemptions or privileges that it enjoyed by virtue of having been registered under the provisions of section 8;
(b) if the company had acquired any immovable property free of cost or at a concessional cost from any government or authority, it may be required to pay the difference between the cost at which it acquired such property and the market price of such property at the time of conversion either to the government or to the authority that provided the immovable property;
(c) any accumulated profit or unutilised income of the company brought forward from previous years shall be first utilized to settle all outstanding statutory dues, amounts due to lenders claims of creditors, suppliers, service providers and others including employees and lastly any loans advanced by the promoters or members or any other amounts due to them and the balance, if any, shall be transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund within thirty days of receiving the approval for conversion;
(10) Before imposing the conditions or rejecting the application, the company shall be given a reasonable opportunity of being heard by the Regional Director
(11) On receipt of the approval of the Regional Director,
(i) the company shall convene a general meeting of its members to pass a special resolution for amending its memorandum of association and articles of association as required under the Act consequent to the conversion of the section 8 company into a company of any other kind;
(ii) the Company shall thereafter file with the Registrar.-
(c) a declaration by the directors that the conditions, if any imposed by the Regional Director have been fully complied with.
(12) . On receipt of the documents referred to in sub rule (10) above, the Registrar shall register the documents and issue the fresh Certificate of Incorporation.