7.1.17- Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014
17. Calling of Extraordinary general meeting by requistionists.-
(1) The members may requisition convening of an extraordinary general meeting in accordance with sub-section (4) of section 100, by providing such requisition in writing or through electronic mode at least clear twenty-one days prior to the proposed date of such extraordinary general meeting.
(2) The notice shall specify the place, date, day and hour of the meeting and shall contain the business to be transacted at the meeting.-
Explanation.- For the purposes of this sub-rule, it is here by clarified that requistionists should convene meeting at Registered office or in the same city or town where Registered office is situated and such meeting should be convened
on working day.
(3) If the resolution is to be proposed as a special resolution, the notice shall be given as required by sub-section (2) of section 114.
(4) The notice shall be signed by all the requistionists or by a requistionists duly authorised in writing by all other requistionists on their behalf or by sending an electronic request attaching therewith a scanned copy of such duly signed requisition.
(5) No explanatory statement as required under section 102 need be annexed to the notice of an extraordinary general meeting convened by the requistionists and the requistionists may disclose the reasons for the resolution(s) which they propose to move at the meeting.
(6) The notice of the meeting shall be given to those members whose names appear in the Register of members of the company within three days on which the requistionists deposit with the Company a valid requisition for calling an extraordinary general meeting.
(7) Where the meeting is not convened, the requistionists shall have a right to receive list of members together with their registered address and number of shares held and the company concerned is bound to give a list of members together with their registered address made as on twenty first day from the date of receipt of valid requisition together with such changes, if any, before the expiry of the forty-five days from the date of receipt of a valid requisition.
(8) The notice of the meeting shall be given by speed post or registered post or through electronic mode. Any accidental omission to give notice to, or the non-receipt of such notice by, any member shall not invalidate the proceedings of the meeting.
Companies (Management and Administration) Amendment Rules, 2016 [GSR 908(E)] dated 23/09/2016