27.2.15 NCLT (Salary, Allowances and other Terms and Conditions of Service of President and other Members) Rules, 2015.
15. Conditions of service of Judicial Member.— (1) Where a serving Judge of a High Court is appointed as a Judicial Member, the service conditions, unless specifically provided in these rules, shall be as contained in the High Court Judges (Salaries and Conditions of Sevice) Act, 1954 and the rules made thereunder:
Provided that the Judicial Member after his due date of retirement from service as a Judge of the High Court or expiry of the lien period, whichever is later, the service conditions, other than specifically provided in these rules, for the remaining period of his term of office shall be same as may, for the time being, be applicable to other employees of the Government of India of a corresponding status.
(1) Initial posting of a Member shall be done by the Central Government in consultation with the President.
(2) Subsequent transfers to different Benches shall be done by the President having regard ordinarily to the following:—
(a) the capacity or otherwise of the Member for the purpose of his posting, including his efficiency, disposal and other relevant factors;
(b) a Member save and except for sufficient and cogent reasons shall not be posted at a place where he had earlier been practising as an Advocate or a Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary or Cost Accountant, as the case may be;
(c) a Member may not be posted at a place where any of his parents, spouse or other close relation is practising as an Advocate or a Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary or Cost Accountant in Company Law matters;
(d) save and except for sufficient and cogent reasons, the Member shall not be posted at a place for a period exceeding three years, and ordinarily, a Member may not be posted at a place where he was earlier posted unless a period of two years has elapsed;
(e) ordinarily a Member shall not be transferred before completion of three years at a station except on administrative grounds or on personal request basis.
(3) Transfer on personal request basis shall include considerations such as serious medical grounds, serious dislocation in children’s education, unavoidable family responsibilities; however consideration of transfer on personal request shall be subject to consideration of factors enumerated in sub-rule (2).
(4) Transfer on administrative grounds shall be made only in consultation with the Central Government.
The National Company Law Tribunal (Salary, Allowances and other Terms and Conditions of Service of President and other Members) Amendment Rules, 2019 dated 23.09.2019