26.1.10 Nidhi Rules, 2014
10. Branches.—(1) A Nidhi may open branches, only if it has earned net profits after tax continuously during the preceding three financial years.
(2) Subject to the provisions contained in sub-rule (1), a Nidhi may open up to three branches within the district.
(3) If a Nidhi proposes to open more than three branches within the district or any branch outside the district, it shall obtain the prior permission of the Regional Director and an intimation is to be given to the Registrar about opening of every branch within thirty days of such opening.
(4) No Nidhi shall open branches or collection centres or offices or deposit centres, or by whatever name called outside the State where its registered office is situated.
(5) No Nidhi shall open branches or collection centres or offices or deposit centres, or by whatever name called unless financial statement and annual return (up to date) are filed with the Registrar.
(6) A Nidhi shall not close any branch unless it—
(a) publishes an advertisement in a newspaper in vernacular language in the place where it carries on business at least thirty days prior to such closure, informing the public about such closure;
(b) fixes a copy of such advertisement or a notice informing such closure of the branch on the notice board of Nidhi for a period of at least thirty days from the date on which advertisement was published under clause (a) ; and
(c) gives an intimation to the Registrar within thirty days of such closure.