(1) shall cause minutes of the proceedings of every general meeting of any class of shareholders or creditors, and every resolution passed by and every meeting of its or of every committee of the Board, to be prepared and signed in such manner and kept within thirty days of the conclusion of every such meeting concerned, or passing of resolution by postal ballot in books kept for that purpose with their pages consecutively numbered.
that in case of a Specified IFSC , the minutes of every meeting of its Board of Directors or of every committee of the Board, to be prepared and signed in the manner as may be prescribed under sub-section (1) at or before the next Board meeting or committee meeting, as the case may be and kept in the books kept for that purpose.
that in case of a Specified IFSC private company, the minutes of every meeting of its Board of Directors or of every committee of the Board, to be prepared and signed in the manner as may be prescribed under sub section (1) at or before the next Board or committee meeting, as the case may be and kept in books kept for that purpose.
(2) The minutes of each meeting shall contain a fair and correct summary of the proceedings thereat.
(3) All appointments made at any of the meetings aforesaid shall be included in the minutes of the meeting.
(4) In the case of a meeting of the Board of Directors or of a committee of the Board, the minutes shall also contain—
(b) in the case of each resolution passed at the meeting, the names of the directors, if any, dissenting from, or not concurring with the resolution.
(5) There shall not be included in the minutes, any matter which, in the opinion of the Chairman of the meeting,—
(a) is or could reasonably be regarded as defamatory of any person; or
(b) is irrelevant or immaterial to the proceedings; or
(c) is detrimental to the interests of the company.
(6) The Chairman shall exercise absolute discretion in regard to the inclusion or non-inclusion of any matter in the minutes on the grounds specified in sub-section (5).
(7) The minutes kept in accordance with the provisions of this section shall be evidence of the proceedings recorded therein.
(8) Where the minutes have been kept in accordance with sub-section (1) then, until the contrary is proved, the meeting shall be deemed to have been duly called and held, and all proceedings thereat to have duly taken place, and the resolutions passed by postal ballot to have been duly passed and in particular, all appointments of directors, , auditors or , shall be deemed to be valid.
(9) No purporting to be a report of the proceedings of any general meeting of a company shall be circulated or advertised at the expense of the company, unless it includes the matters required by this section to be contained in the minutes of the proceedings of such meeting.
Every company shall observe secretarial standards with respect to general and Board meetings specified by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India constituted under section 3 of the Company Secretaries Act, 1980 (56 of 1980), and approved as such by the Central Government.
(11) If any default is made in complying with the provisions of this section in respect of any meeting, the company shall be liable to a penalty of twenty-five thousand rupees and every of the company who is in default shall be liable to a penalty of five thousand rupees.
(12) If a person is found guilty of tampering with the minutes of the proceedings of meeting, he shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and with fine which shall not be less than twenty-five thousand rupees but which may extend to one lakh rupees.
(The exceptions, modifications and adaptations provided above shall be applicable only to those companies covered under section 8 of the said act which has not committed a default in filing its financial statements under section 137 of the said act or annual return under section 92 of the said act with the registrar, vide notification dated 13th June, 2017)
To view the notification,Click Here
(a) is not a private company; and
(b) has a minimum paid-up share capital, as may be prescribed:
Provided that a company which is a subsidiary of a company, not being a private company, shall be deemed to be public company for the purposes of this Act even where such subsidiary company continues to be a private company in its articles.
(i) the Chief Executive Officer or the managing director or the manager;
(ii) the company secretary;
(iii) the whole-time director;
(iv) the Chief Financial Officer; and
(v) such other officer as may be prescribed
7.1.25-Companies (Management & Administration) Rules,2014
25. Minutes of proceedings of general meeting, meeting of Board of Directors and other meetings and resolutions passed by postal ballot.-
(1) (a) A distinct minute book shall be maintained for each type of meeting namely:-
(i) general meetings of the members;
(ii) meetings of the creditors
(iii) meetings of the Board; and
(iv) meetings of each of the committees of the Board.
Explanation.- For the proposes of this sub-rule, resolutions passed by postal ballot shall be recorded in the minute book of general meetings as if it has been deemed to be passed in the general meeting.
(b) (i) The minutes of proceedings of each meeting shall be entered in the books maintained for that purpose along with the date of such entry within thirty days of the conclusion of the meeting.
(ii) In case of every resolution passed by postal ballot, a brief report on the postal ballot conducted including the resolution proposed, the result of the voting thereon and the summary of the scrutinizer’s report shall be entered in the minutes book of general meetings along with the date of such entry within thirty days from the date of passing of resolution.
(d) Each page of every such book shall be initialed or signed and the last page of the record of proceedings of each meeting or each report in such books shall be dated and signed –
(i) in the case of minutes of proceedings of a meeting of the Board or of a committee thereof, by the chairman of the said meeting or the chairman of the next succeeding meeting;
(ii) in the case of minutes of proceedings of a general meeting, by the chairman of the same meeting within the aforesaid period of thirty days or in the event of the death or inability of that chairman within that period, by a director duly authorised by the Board for the purpose;
(iii) In case of every resolution passed by postal ballot, by the chairman of the Board within the aforesaid period of thirty days or in the event of there being no chairman of the Board or the death or inability of that chairman within that period, by a director duly authorized by the Board for the purpose.
(e) The minute books of general meetings, shall be kept at the registered office of the company and shall be preserved permanently and kept in the custody of the company secretary or any director duly authorised by the board
(f) The minutes books of the Board and committee meetings shall be preserved permanently and kept in the custody of the company secretary of the company or any director duly authorized by the Board for the purpose and shall be kept in the registered office or such place as Board may decide.
Companies (Management and Administration) Amendment Rules, 2016 [GSR 908(E)] dated 23/09/2016
Enforcement Notification S.O. 902(E) dated 26/03/2014
Exemption to Specified IFSC Private company [GSR 09(E)] dated 04/01/2017
Exemption to Specified IFSC Public company [GSR 08(E)] dated 04/01/2017
Exemptions to Private Companies [Amendment to GSR 464(E)] dated 13/06/2017