Disclosure of information having bearing on performance/operation of listed entity and/or price sensitive information.
51.(1) The listed entity shall promptly inform the stock exchange(s) of all information having bearing on the performance/operation of the listed entity, price sensitive information or any action that shall affect payment of interest or dividend
of non-convertible preference shares or redemption of non convertible debt securities or redeemable preference shares.
The expression ‘promptly inform’, shall imply that the stock exchange shall be informed as soon as reasonably possible but not later than twenty-four hours from the date of occurrence of the event or receipt of information. In case the disclosure is made after twenty-four hours of the date of occurrence of the event or receipt of information, the listed entity shall, along with such disclosures provide an explanation for the delay.
Explanation.-The expression ‘promptly inform’, shall imply that the stock exchange must be informed as soon as practically possible and without any delay and that the information shall be given first to the stock exchange(s) before providing the same to any third party.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of sub-regulation(1), the listed entity who has
issued or is issuing non-convertible debt securities and/or non-convertible redeemable preference shares shall make as specified in .
The listed entity shall disclose on its website, all such events or information which have been disclosed to the stock exchange(s) under this regulation and such disclosures shall be hosted on the website of the listed entity for a minimum period of five years and thereafter as per the archival policy of the listed entity, as disclosed on its website.
- Advisory issued by SEBI on disclosures in the light of CoVID – 19 pandemic vide circular dated 20.05.2020. To view the circular, Click Here.
- SEBI requires disclosures by listed entities of defaults on payment of interest/ repayment of principal amount on loans from banks / financial institutions and unlisted debt securities as disclosure of material events / information vide its Circular dated 21.11.2019. To view the Circular. Click Here.
Refer Guidance note with respect to Regulations 50(3) and 51 (2) of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 dated 15.04.2021. To view the circular, Click Here
SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) (Fifth Amendment) Regulations, 2021 dated 07.09.2021
Guidance note with respect to Regulations 50(3) and 51 (2) of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 dated 15.04.2021
SEBI Circular dated 13.10.2020 regarding Standardisation of procedure to be followed by Debenture Trustee(s) in case of ‘Default’ by Issuers of listed debt securities
SEBI Circular dated 20.05.2020 regarding advisory on disclosure of material impact of CoVID–19 pandemic on listed entities under SEBI (LODR) Regulations, 2015
SEBI Circular on disclosures by listed entities of defaults on payment of interest/ repayment of principal amount on loans from banks / financial institutions and unlisted debt securities dated 21.11.2019
LODR – SCHEDULE III Part B
A. The listed entity shall promptly inform the stock exchange(s) of all information which shall have bearing on performance/operation of the listed entity or is price sensitive or shall affect payment of interest or dividend of non-convertible securities including :
Expected default in the timely payment of interest, dividend or redemption payment or both in respect of the non-convertible securities and also default in the creation of security for non-convertible debt securities as soon as the same becomes apparent.
(1) expected in timely payment of interests/preference dividend or redemption or repayment amount or both in respect of the non-convertible debt securities and non-convertible redeemable preference shares and also default in creation of security for debentures as soon as the same becomes apparent;
(2) any attachment or prohibitory orders restraining the listed entity from transferring non-convertible securities from the account of the registered holders along-with the particulars of the numbers of securities so affected , the names of the registered holders and their demat account details;
(3) any action which shall result in the redemption, conversion, cancellation, retirement in whole or in part of any non-convertible debt securities or reduction, redemption, cancellation, retirement in whole or in part of any non-convertible redeemable preference shares;
(4) any action that shall affect adversely payment of interest on non-convertible debt securities or payment of dividend on non-convertible redeemable preference shares including default by issuer to pay interest on non-convertible debt securities or redemption amount and failure to create a charge on the assets;
(5) any change in the form or nature of any of its non-convertible securities that are listed on the stock exchange(s) or in the rights or privileges of the holders thereof and make an application for listing of the securities as changed, if the stock exchange(s) so require;
(6) any changes in the general character or nature of business / activities, disruption of operation due to natural calamity, and commencement of commercial production / commercial operations;
(7) any events such as strikes and lock outs. which have a bearing on the interest payment/ dividend payment / principal repayment capacity;
(8) details of any letter or comments made by debenture trustees regarding payment/non-payment of interest on due dates, payment/non-payment of principal on the due dates or any other matter concerning the security, listed entity and /or the assets along with its comments thereon, if any;
(9) delay/ default in payment of interest or dividend / principal amount /redemption for a period of more than three months from the due date;
(10) failure to create charge on the assets within the stipulated time period;
(11) any instance(s) of default/delay in timely repayment of interests or principal obligations or both in respect of the debt securities including, any proposal for re-scheduling or postponement of the repayment programmes of the dues/debts of the listed entity with any investor(s)/lender(s).
For the purpose of this sub-para, ‘default’ shall mean Non-payment of interest or principal amount in full on the pre-agreed date and shall be recognized at the first instance of delay in servicing of any interest or principal on debt.
(12) any major change in composition of its board of directors, which may amount to change in control as defined in Securities and Exchange Board of India (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011;
(13) any revision in the rating;
(14) the following approvals by board of directors in their meeting:-
(a) the decision to pass any interest payment;
(b) short particulars of any increase of capital whether by issue of bonus securities through capitalization, or by way of right securities to be offered to the
debenture holders, or in any other way;
a. the decision with respect to fund raising proposed to be undertaken by way of non-convertible securities;
b. financial results:
Provided that in case of board meetings being held for more than one day, the financial results shall be disclosed within thirty minutes of end of the meeting for the day on which it has been considered.
(16) any other change that shall affect the rights and obligations of the holders of non-convertible debt securities / non-convertible redeemable preference shares, any other information not in the public domain necessary to enable the holders of the listed securities to clarify its position and to avoid the creation of a false market in such listed securities or any other information having bearing on the operation/performance of the listed entity as well as price sensitive information.
in case of resignation of the auditor of the listed entity, detailed reasons for resignation of auditor, as given by the said auditor, shall be disclosed by the listed entities to the stock exchanges as soon as possible but not later than twenty-four hours of receipt of such reasons from the auditor;
(i) Decision to initiate resolution of loans/borrowings;
(ii) Signing of Inter-Creditors Agreement (ICA) by lenders;
(iii)Finalization of Resolution Plan;
(iv) Implementation of Resolution Plan;
(v) Salient features, not involving commercial secrets, of the resolution/ restructuring plan as decided by lenders.
a) Filing of application by the corporate applicant for initiation of CIRP, also specifying the amount of default;
b) Filing of application by the financial creditors for initiation of CIRP against the corporate debtor, also specifying the amount of default;
c) Admission of application by the Tribunal, along with the amount of default or rejection or withdrawal, as applicable;
d) Public announcement made pursuant to the order passed by the Tribunal under section 13 of Insolvency Code;
e) List of creditors as required to be displayed by the corporate debtor under regulation 13(2)I of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) Regulations, 2016;
f)Appointment/ Replacement of the Resolution Professional;
g) Prior or post-facto intimation of the meetings of Committee of Creditors;
h) Brief particulars of invitation of resolution plans under section 25(2)(h) of Insolvency Code in the Form specified under regulation 36A (5) of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) Regulations, 2016;
i)Number of resolution plans received by Resolution Professional
;j)Filing of resolution plan with the Tribunal;
k) Approval of resolution plan by the Tribunal or rejection, if applicable;
l)Specific features and details of the resolution plan as approved by the Adjudicating Authority under the Insolvency Code, not involving commercial secrets, including details such as:
(i)Pre and Post net-worth of the company;
(ii)Details of assets of the company post CIRP;
(iii) Details of securities continuing to be imposed on the companies’ assets
(iv)Other material liabilities imposed on the company;
(iv) Detailed pre and post shareholding pattern assuming 100% conversion of convertible securities;
(vi)Details of funds infused in the company, creditors paid-off;
(vii)Additional liability on the incoming investors due to the transaction, source of such funding etc.;
(viii) Impact on the investor –revised P/E, RONW ratios etc.;
(ix) Names of the new promoters, key managerial persons(s), if any and their past experience in the business or employment. In case where promoters are companies, history of such company and names of natural persons in control;
(x)Brief description of business strategy.(25)intimation related to any change in terms of issue or redemption or exercising of call/ put options;
(a)shall affect the rights and obligations of the holders of the non-convertible securities; and
(b)is not in the public do main but necessary to enable the holders of the non-convertible securities to comprehend the true position and to avoid the creation of a false market in such listed securities.