Other provisions relating to securities.
41.(1) The listed entity shall not exercise a lien on its fully paid shares and that in respect of partly paid shares it shall not exercise any lien except in respect of moneys called or payable at a fixed time in respect of such shares.
(2) The listed entity shall, in case of any amount to be paid in advance of calls on any shares stipulate that such amount may carry interest but shall not in respect thereof confer a right to dividend or to participate in profits.
The listed entity shall not issue shares in any manner that may confer on any person; superior or inferior rights as to dividend vis-à-vis the rights on equity shares that are already listed or inferior voting rights vis-à-vis the rights on equity shares that are already listed:
Provided that, a listed entity having SR equity shares issued to its promoters/ founders, may issue SR equity shares to its SR shareholders only through a bonus, split or rights issue in accordance with the provisions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2018 and the Companies Act, 2013.
(3) The listed entity shall not issue shares in any manner which may confer on any person, superior rights as to voting or dividend vis-à-vis the rights on equity shares that are already listed.
(4) The listed entity shall,issue or offer in the first instance all shares (including forfeited shares), securities, rights, privileges and benefits to subscribe pro rata basis , to the equity shareholders of the listed entity, unless the shareholders in the general meeting decide otherwise.
(5) Unless the terms of issue otherwise provide, the listed entity shall not select any of its listed securities for redemption otherwise than on pro-rata basis or by lot.
41A(1) The SR equity shares shall be treated at par with the ordinary equity shares in every respect, including dividends, except in the case of voting on resolutions.
(2) The total voting rights of SR shareholders (including ordinary shares) in the issuer upon listing, pursuant to an initial public offer, shall not at any point of time exceed seventy four per cent.
(3) The SR equity shares shall be treated as ordinary equity shares in terms of voting rights (i.e. one SR share shall only have one vote) in the following circumstances –
i. appointment or removal of independent directors and/or auditor;
ii. where a promoter is willingly transferring control to another entity;
iii. related party transactions in terms of these regulations involving an SR shareholder;
iv. voluntary winding up of the listed entity;
v. changes to the Articles of Association or Memorandum of Association of the listed entity, except any change affecting the SR equity share;
vi. initiation of a voluntary resolution process under the Insolvency Code;
vii. utilization of funds for purposes other than business;
viii. substantial value transaction based on materiality threshold as specified under these regulations;
ix. passing of special resolution in respect of delisting or buy-back of shares; and
x. other circumstances or subject matter as may be specified by the Board, from time to time.
(4) The SR equity shares shall be converted into equity shares having voting rights same as that of ordinary shares on the fifth anniversary of listing of ordinary shares of the listed entity:
Provided that the SR equity shares may be valid for upto an additional five years, after a
resolution to that effect has been passed, where the SR shareholders have not been permitted to vote:
Provided further that the SR shareholders may convert their SR equity shares into ordinary equity shares at any time prior to the period as specified in this sub-regulation.
(5) The SR equity shares shall be compulsorily converted into equity shares having voting rights same as that of ordinary shares on the occurrence of any of the following events –
i. demise of the promoter(s) or founder holding such shares;
ii. an SR shareholder resigns from the executive position in the listed entity;
iii. merger or acquisition of the listed entity having SR shareholder/s, where the control would no longer remain with the SR shareholder/s;
iv. the SR equity shares are sold by an SR shareholder who continues to hold such shares after the lock-in period but prior to the lapse of validity of such SR equity shares.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) (Fourth Amendment) Regulations, 2019 dated 29.07.2019