CHAPTER XV of The Companies Act, 2013
Draft Scheme of Arrangement & Scheme of Arrangement.
37. (1)Without prejudice to provisions of regulation 11, the listed entity desirous of undertaking a scheme of arrangement or involved in a scheme of arrangement, proposed to be filed before any Court or Tribunal under sections 391-394 and 101 of the Companies Act, 1956 or under Sections 230-234 and Section 66 of Companies Act, 2013, whichever applicable, with the stock exchange(s) for obtaining
Observation Letter or No-objection letter, before filing such scheme with any Court or Tribunal,in terms of requirements specified by the Board or stock exchange(s) from time to time.
(2) The listed entity shall not file any scheme of arrangement under sections 391-394 and 101 of the Companies Act, 1956 or under Sections 230-234 and Section 66 of Companies Act, 2013 ,whichever applicable, with any Court or Tribunal unless it has obtained
observation letter or No-objection letter from the stock exchange(s).
Provided that the validity of the No-objection letter of stock exchanges shall be six months from the date of issuance, within which the draft scheme of arrangement shall be submitted to the Court or Tribunal.
(4) The listed entity shall ensure compliance with the other requirements as may be prescribed by the Board from time to time.
(5) Upon sanction of the Scheme by the Court or Tribunal, the listed entity shall submit the documents, to the stock exchange(s), as prescribed by the Board and/or stock exchange(s) from time to time.
The requirements as specified under this regulation and under regulation 94 of these regulations shall not apply to a restructuring proposal approved as part of a resolution plan by the Tribunal under section 31 of the Insolvency Code, subject to the details being disclosed to the recognized stock exchanges within one day of the resolution plan being approved.
SEBI (Payment of Fees and Mode of Payment) (Amendment) Regulations, 2017, w.e.f. 06.03.2017
Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2021 dated 05.05.2021
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) (Third Amendment) Regulations, 2018 dated 1.06.2018
SEBI Master Circular dated 22.12.2020 on (i) Scheme of Arrangement by Listed Entities and (ii) Relaxation under Sub-rule (7) of rule 19 of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Rules, 1957
LODR – Schedule XI
Schedule XI – Fee in respect of draft scheme of arrangement
[see regulations 37 and 94]
1. The listed entity shall, along with the draft scheme of arrangement, remit fee at the rate of 0.1% of the paid-up share capital of the listed/transferee/resulting company, whichever is higher, post sanction of the scheme, subject to a cap of
2. The fee specified in clause 1 shall be paid by way of direct credit to the bank account of the Board through NEFT/RTGS/IMPS or any other mode allowed by RBI or by means of a demand draft in favour of “Securities and Exchange Board of India” payable at Mumbai.]