9.8.3- National Financial Reporting Authority (Meeting for Transaction of Business) Rules, 2019
3. Meetings for transaction of business and procedure thereof. –
(1) The meetings of the Authority shall ordinarily be held at its head office situated in New Delhi for the purpose of discharging its functions:
Provided that the Authority may also hold meetings at its other offices or at any other place in India, whenever, in the opinion of the Authority, it is expedient to do so.
(2) The chairperson shall decide in advance, the date, time, place and the agenda for each meeting of the Authority.
(3) The Secretary, and such other officers and persons as permitted by the chairperson, shall attend a meeting of the Authority.
(4) If the chairperson, for any reason, is unable to attend a meeting of the Authority, the senior-most full-time member present at the meeting, shall preside at the meeting.
(5) The Authority may grant leave of absence to a member not present in the meeting and such leave of absence shall be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
(6) Any member unable to be present in a meeting for any reason, may choose to participate in the said meeting through video conferencing.
(7) Wherever considered necessary, a business may be transacted by a resolution passed by circulation of an agenda to the members:
Provided that a resolution passed through circulation of the agenda to the members shall be placed before the next meeting of the Authority for ratification.
(8) Matters placed for consideration of the Authority shall be decided by a majority of the members present and voting, and in the event of an equality of votes, the chairperson or in his absence, the member presiding, shall have a second or casting vote.
(9) The quorum for a meeting of the Authority shall be four Members, of which at least one member shall be a full-time member.
(10) The Authority shall cause the minutes of all the proceedings to be maintained in the books kept for the purpose which may be in the form of binders containing loose leaves, duly numbered.
(11) A copy of draft minutes of the proceedings of each meeting of the Authority shall be circulated as soon as possible for confirmation by the members.
(12) The confirmed minutes shall be signed by the chairperson or the member presiding at the succeeding meeting, and taken on record thereafter.
(13) A member, who has any pecuniary interest, direct or indirect in any matter that is brought up for consideration at a meeting of the Authority, shall, as soon as possible after relevant circumstances have come to his knowledge, disclose the nature of his interest at such meeting and such disclosure shall be recorded in the proceedings of the Authority, and such member shall not take any part in any deliberation or decision of the Authority with respect to that matter.
(14) If any doubt arises in the procedure to be adopted in a meeting, the same shall be placed before the chairperson or in his absence, the member presiding, whose decision in this regard shall be final.