9.5.8 – The National Financial Reporting Authority (Manner of Appointment and other Terms and Conditions of Service of Chairperson and Members) Rules, 2018
8. Procedure for inquiry of misbehavior or incapacity of the chairperson or a member.-
(1) If a written complaint is received by the Central Government, alleging any definite charge of misbehavior or incapacity to perform the functions of the office in respect of the chairperson or a full time member, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs shall make a preliminary scrutiny of such complaint.
(2) If on preliminary scrutiny, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, is of the opinion that there are reasonable grounds for making an inquiry into the truth of any such misbehavior or incapacity of the chairperson or full time member, it shall make a reference to the Committee constituted under sub-rule (1) of rule 4 to conduct the inquiry:
Provided that the chairperson or the interested member shall not be the member of such committee, where the subject matter of the cause is against him.
(3) The Committee shall complete the inquiry within one hundred and twenty days time or such further time as may be extended by the Central Government on the request of the committee in this behalf.
(4) After the conclusion of the inquiry, the Committee shall submit its report to the Central Government stating therein its findings and the reasons thereof on each of the charges separately with such observations on the whole case as it may think fit.
(5) The Committee shall not be bound by the procedure laid down by the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908) but shall be guided by the principles of natural justice and shall have power to regulate its own procedure, including the fixing of date, place and time of its inquiry.