(2) The Principal Bench of the Tribunal shall be at New Delhi which shall be presided over by the President of the Tribunal.
(3) The powers of the Tribunal shall be exercisable by Benches consisting of two Member out of whom one shall be a Judicial Member and the other shall be a Technical Member:
Provided that it shall be competent for the Members of the Tribunal authorised in this behalf to function as a Bench consisting of a single Judicial Member and exercise the powers of the Tribunal in respect of such class of cases or such matters pertaining to such class of cases, as the President may, by general or special order, specify:
Provided further that if at any stage of the hearing of any such case or matter, it appears to the Member that the case or matter is of such a nature that it ought to be heard by a Bench consisting of two Members, the case or matter may be transferred by the President, or, as the case may be, referred to him for transfer, to such Bench as the President may deem fit.
(4) The President shall, for the disposal of any case relating to rehabilitation, restructuring, reviving , of companies, constitute one or more Special Benches consisting of three or more Members, majority necessarily being of Judicial Members.
(5) If the Members of a Bench differ in opinion on any point or points, it shall be decided according to the majority, if there is a majority, but if the Members are equally divided, they shall state the point or points on which they differ, and the case shall be referred by the President for hearing on such point or points by one or more of the other Members of the Tribunal and such point or points shall be decided according to the opinion of the majority of Members who have heard the case, including those who first heard it.
The jurisdiction of State of Madhya Pradesh will be exercised by Ahmedabad Bench of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) till the operationalization of Indore Bench of NCLT, which will be notified by the Central Government by a subsequent notification.To view the notification,Click Here
Amendments to Companies Act, 2013 vide Eleventh Schedule of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Benches of NCLT [Amendment to S.O.1935(E)] S.O. 345(E) dated 03/02/2017
Benches of NCLT S.O.1935(E) dated 01/06/2016
New Delhi, the 1st June, 2016
S.O. 1935(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 419 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby constitutes the following Benches of the National Company Law Tribunal mentioned in column (2) of the table below, located at the place mentioned in column (3) and to exercise the jurisdiction over the area mentioned in column (4), namely:—
|Title of the Bench||Location||Territorial Jurisdiction of the Bench|
|1.||(a) National Company Law|
Tribunal, Principal Bench.
(b) National Company Law
Tribunal, New Delhi Bench.
(3) Union territory of Delhi.
|2.||National Company Law|
Tribunal, Ahmedabad Bench.
|Ahmedabad||(1) State of Gujarat.
(3) Union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu. (Substituted vide notification S.O. 654(E) dated 12.02.2021)
(4) Union territory of Daman and Diu.
|3.||National Company Law|
|Allahabad||(1) State of Uttar Pradesh.
(2) State of Uttarakhand.
|4.||National Company Law|
Tribunal, Bengaluru Bench.
|Bengaluru||(1) State of Karnataka.
|5.||National Company Law|
Tribunal, Chandigarh Bench.
|Chandigarh||(1) State of Himachal Pradesh.
(2a) Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
(2b) Union territory of Ladakh. (Substituted vide notification S.O. 654(E) dated 12.02.2021)
(3) State of Punjab.
(4) Union territory of Chandigarh.
(5) State of Haryana. (Inserted vide notification S.O. 345E dated 03.02.2017)
|6.||National Company Law|
Tribunal, Chennai Bench.
(2) State of Tamil Nadu.
(4) Union territory of Puducherry
|7.||National Company Law|
Tribunal, Guwahati Bench.
|Guwahati||(1) State of Arunachal Pradesh.
(2) State of Assam.
(3) State of Manipur.
(4) State of Mizoram.
(5) State of Meghalaya.
(6) State of Nagaland.
(7) State of Sikkim.
(8) State of Tripura.
|8.||National Company Law|
Tribunal, Hyderabad Bench.
(2) State of Telangana.
|9.||National Company Law|
Tribunal, Kolkata Bench.
|Kolkata||(1) State of Bihar.
(2) State of Jharkhand.
(4) State of West Bengal.
(5) Union territory of Andaman and
|10.||National Company Law|
Tribunal, Mumbai Bench.
(2) State of Goa.
(3) State of Maharashtra.
|11.||National Company Law Tribunal, Jaipur Bench||Jaipur||(1) State of Rajasthan. (Inserted vide notification S.O. 3145(E) dated 28.06.2018)|
Law Tribunal, Cuttack Bench
|Cuttack||(1) State of Odisha
(2) State of Chhattisgarh (Inserted vide notification S.O. 3430(E) dated 12.07.2018)
|13.||National Company Law Tribunal, Kochi Bench||Kochi||(1) State of Kerala.
(2) Union territory of Lakshadweep. (Inserted vide notification S.O. 3683(E) dated 27.07.2018)
|14. (Inserted vide notification S.O. 1216(E) dated 08.03.2019)||National Company Law Tribunal, Indore Bench||Indore||(1) State of Madhya Pradesh|
|15. (Inserted vide notification S.O. 1216(E) dated 08.03.2019)||National Company Law Tribunal, Amravati Bench||Amaravati||(2) State of Andhra Pradesh.|
Enforcement Notification S.O. 1440(E) dated 29/05/2016
Enforcement Notification S.O. 1934(E) dated 01/06/2016
Establishment of NCLT, Cuttack Bench vide Notification No. S.O. 3430(E) dated 12.07.2018
Establishment of NCLT, Kochi Bench vide Notification No. S.O. 3683(E) dated 27.07.2018
Establishment of the National Company Law Tribunal, Jaipur Bench at Jaipur vide Notification No. S.O. 3145(E) dated 28.06.2018
MCA Notification S.O. 654(E). dated 12.02.2021
NCLT Bench-Jurisdiction of State of Madhya Pradesh, vide notification [S.O. 484(E)] dated 31.01.2020
Notification on establishment of NCLT Indore Bench and Amaravati Bench dated 08.03.2019
The Companies (Amendment) Act,2015