(1) For the purposes of exercising such powers and discharging such functions as are conferred on the by or under this Act or under the rules made thereunder and for the purposes of registration of companies under this Act, the Central Government shall, establish such number of offices at such places as it thinks fit, specifying their jurisdiction.
(2) The Central Government may appoint as it considers necessary for the registration of companies and discharge of various functions under this Act, and the powers and duties that may be exercisable by such officers shall be such
Establishment of a Central Scrutiny Centre (CSC) for carrying out scrutiny of Straight Through Processes (STP) e-forms filed by the companies vide notification dated 18.03.2021 effective from 23.03.2021. To view the notification,Click Here
24.1.4-Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014
4. Registration offices.-
(1) The Central Government shall establish such number of offices at such places as it thinks fit, specifying their jurisdiction for the purpose of exercising such powers and discharge of such functions as are conferred on the Central Government by or under this Act or under the rules made there under and for the purposes of registration of companies under the Act.
(2) The office of the Registrar shall observe such normal working hours as may be approved by the Central Government and shall be open for the transaction of business with the public on all days except Saturday, Sunday and public holidays during working hours between 10.30 a.m. and 3.30 p.m.
(3) The offices other than the office of the Registrar shall observe such normal working hours as may be approved by the Central Government.
24.1.5-Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014
5. Powers and duties of Registrars.-
(1) The Registrars shall exercise such powers and discharge such duties as are conferred on them by the Act or the rules made there under or delegated to them by the Central Government, wherever the power or duty has been conferred upon the Central Government by the Act or the rules made there under.
(2) Whenever according to the Act, any function or duty is to be discharged by the Registrar, it shall, until the Central Government otherwise directs, be done by the Registrar, or in his absence, by such person as the Central Government may for the time being authorise:
Provided that in the event of the Central Government altering the constitution of the existing registry offices or any of them, any such function or duty shall be discharged by such officer and at such place, with reference to the local situation of the registered offices of the companies concerned, as the Central Government may appoint.
24.1.6-Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014
6.Seal of Registrar.-
The Registrar shall have a seal and such seal shall bear the words “Registrar of Companies, _______(Place and State)”.
Amendment Notification to G.S.R 832(E) [dated 03.11.2015] dated 25.07.2019
Amendment Notification to S.O. 831(E) [dated 2403.2015] dated 25.07.2019
Amendment to G.SR 832 (E) [S.O 1556(E)] dated 26/04/2016
Amendment to the notification number S.O.831 (E) dated 24th March, 2015 vide this notification dated 26.10.2018
Appointment the Registrar of Companies at Guwahati vide notification dated 25.07.2019
Enforcement Notification S.O. 902(E) dated 26/03/2014
Establishment of a Central Scrutiny Centre (CSC) for carrying out scrutiny of Straight Through Processes (STP) e-forms filed by the companies [S.O.1257(E)] dated 18.03.2021
Establishment of CRC [SO 218 (E)] dated 22.01.2016 and Establishment of ROC, Hyderabad [SO 1525(E)] dated 13/06/2014
Notification amending Notification No. G.S.R 832(E), dated the 03.11.2015 vide MCA Notification dated 30.10.2019
Notification giving jurisdiction u/s 396 (1) and (2) to Registrar of Companies dated 30.10.2019 w.e.f., 31.10.2019
Notification on establishment of the office of the Registrar of Companies at Vijayawada dated 26.10.2018
Notification on establishment of the office of the Registrar of Companies cum Official Liquidator at Dehradun dated 26.10.2018
Rights conferred to Regional Director [G.S.R 832 (E)] dated 3/11/2015
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 3rd November, 2015
G. S. R. 832(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 396 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby notifies following Regional Directors in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs mentioned in column (1) of the Table below to discharge the functions conferred upon them by the Companies Act, 2013 or delegated to them by the Central Government under that Act for the respective jurisdiction as indicated in the corresponding column (2) of the Table below:-
2. The Regional Directors specified in column (1) of the Table shall continue to exercise the functions conferred upon them under the Companies Act, 1956 or delegated under that Act in respect of provisions of that Act, which are still in force.
3. This notification shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
[F. No.1/16/2013 -CL-V]
AMARDEEP SINGH BHATIA, Jt. Secy.