2.5.37:Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Liquidation Process) Regulations, 2016
37. Realization of security interest by secured creditor.
(1) A secured creditor who seeks to realize its security interest under section 52 shall intimate the liquidator of the price at which he proposes to realize its secured asset.
(2) The liquidator shall inform the secured creditor within twenty one days of receipt of the intimation under sub-regulation (1) if a person is willing to buy the secured asset before the expiry of thirty days from the date of intimation under sub-regulation (1), at a price higher than the price intimated under sub-regulation (1).
(3) Where the liquidator informs the secured creditor of a person willing to buy the secured asset under subregulation (2), the secured creditor shall sell the asset to such person.
(4) If the liquidator does not inform the secured creditor in accordance with sub-regulation (2), or the person does not buy the secured asset in accordance with sub-regulation (2), the secured creditor may realize the secured asset in the manner it deems fit, but at least at the price intimated under sub-regulation (1).
(5) Where the secured asset is realized under sub-regulation (3), the secured creditor shall bear the cost of identification of the buyer under sub-regulation (2).
(6) Where the secured asset is realized under sub-regulation (4), the liquidator shall bear the cost of incurred to identify the buyer under sub-regulation (2).
(7) The provisions of this Regulation shall not apply if the secured creditor enforces his security interest under the Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (54 of 2002) or the Recovery of Debts and Bankruptcy Act, 1993 (51 of 1993).
A secured creditor shall not sell or transfer an asset, which is subject to security interest, to any person, who is not eligible under the Code to submit a resolution plan for insolvency resolution of the corporate debtor.