2.4.26:Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) Regulations, 2016.
26. Voting through electronic means.
(1) The resolution professional shall provide each member of the committee the means to exercise its vote by either electronic means or through electronic voting system in accordance with the provisions of this Regulation.
Explanation- For the purposes of these Regulations-
the expressions ‘‘voting by electronic means’’ or ‘‘electronic voting system’’ means a ”secured system” based process of display of electronic ballots, recording of votes of the members of the committee and the number of votes polled in favour or against, such that the voting exercised by way of electronic means gets registered and counted in an electronic registry in a centralized server with adequate cyber security;
(b) the expression ‘‘secured system’’ means computer hardware, software, and procedure that –
(i) are reasonably secure from unauthorized access and misuse;
(ii) provide a reasonable level of reliability and correct operation;
(iii) are reasonably suited to perform the intended functions; and
(iv) adhere to generally accepted security procedures.
The authorised representative shall exercise the votes either by electronic means or through electronic voting system as per the voting instructions received by him from the creditors in the class pursuant to sub-regulation (6) of regulation 25.
(3) At the end of the voting period, the voting portal shall forthwith be blocked.
(4) At the conclusion of a vote held under this Regulation, the resolution professional shall announce and make a written record of the summary of the decision taken on a relevant agenda item along with the names of the members of the committee who voted for or against the decision, or abstained from voting.
(5) The resolution professional shall circulate a copy of the record made under sub-regulation (4) to all participants by electronic means within twenty four hours of the conclusion of the voting.
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Fourth Amendment) Regulations, 2018 dated 05.10.2018
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) (Third Amendment) Regulations, 2018 dated 3.07.2018