2.17.32. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Bankruptcy Process for Personal Guarantors to Corporate Debtors) Regulations, 2019
32. Bank account for bankruptcy process.
(1) The bankruptcy trustee shall open a bank account in the name of the bankrupt followed by the words ‘in bankruptcy process’, in a scheduled bank, for the receipt of all moneys due to the bankrupt.
(2) The bankruptcy trustee shall deposit in the bank account opened under sub-regulation (1) all moneys, including cheques and demand drafts received by him as the bankruptcy trustee of the bankrupt, and the realisations of each day shall be deposited into the bank account, without any deduction, not later than the next working day.
(3) The bankruptcy trustee may maintain cash of ten thousand rupees or such higher amount, as may be permitted by the Adjudicating Authority to meet bankruptcy process costs.
(4) All payments out of the account by the bankruptcy trustee above five thousand rupees shall be made by cheques drawn or online banking transactions against the bank account.