2.17.25. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Bankruptcy Process for Personal Guarantors to Corporate Debtors) Regulations, 2019
25. Voting by the committee.
(1) The bankruptcy trustee shall take a vote of the creditors present in the meeting on any item listed for voting, after discussion on the same.
(2) At the conclusion of the meeting, the bankruptcy trustee shall prepare minutes of the meeting, including the names of creditors, who voted for, against or abstained from voting on the items put to vote in the meeting.
(3) The bankruptcy trustee shall-
(a) circulate the minutes of the meeting by electronic means to all participants of the meeting within forty-eight hours of the conclusion of the meeting, and
(b) seek a vote on the items listed for voting in the meeting from the creditors who were not present in the meeting or did not vote at the meeting, by electronic means, where the voting shall be kept open for at least twenty-four hours from the circulation of the minutes as per clause (a).
(4) Unless otherwise provided in the Code, any decision of the committee shall require approval of more than fifty percent of voting share of the creditors who voted.
(5) At the end of the voting period, the bankruptcy trustee shall record the decision arrived at on the items along with the names of creditors who voted for, against or abstained from voting on the items, after considering the voting at the meeting and through the electronic means.
(6) The bankruptcy trustee shall circulate a copy of the record made under sub-regulation (5) to all participants within twenty-four hours of the conclusion of the voting.