2.13.58:Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Employees’ Service) Regulations, 2017
(1) An employee may be placed under suspension by the Competent Authority-
(a) where a disciplinary proceeding against him is contemplated or is pending; or
(b) where a case against him in respect of any criminal offence is under investigation, inquiry or trial.
(2) An employee shall be deemed to have been placed under suspension by an order of the Competent Authority –
(a) with effect from the date of his detention, if he is detained in custody, whether on a criminal charge or otherwise, for a period exceeding 48 hours;
(b) with effect from the date of his conviction, if, in the event of a conviction for an offence, he is sentenced to a term of imprisonment and is forthwith not dismissed or removed or compulsorily retired consequent to such conviction.
Explanation: The period of 48 hours referred to in clause (b) of this sub-regulation shall be computed from the commencement of the imprisonment after the conviction and for that purpose, intermittent periods of imprisonment, if any, shall be taken into account.
(3) Where a penalty of dismissal, removal or compulsory retirement from service imposed upon an employee under suspension is set aside in appeal under these regulations and the case is remitted for further enquiry or action or with any other directions, the order of his suspension shall be deemed to have been continued in force on and from the date of original order of dismissal, removal or compulsory retirement and shall remain in force until further orders.
(4) Where a penalty of dismissal or removal or compulsory retirement from service imposed upon an employee is set aside or declared or rendered void in consequence of or by a decision of a court of law, and the Competent Authority, on a consideration of a circumstances of the case, decides to hold a further enquiry against him on the allegations on which a penalty of dismissal, removal or compulsory retirement was originally imposed, the employee shall be deemed to have been placed under suspension by the Competent Authority from the date of the original order of dismissal, removal or compulsory retirement and shall continue to remain under suspension until further orders:
Provided that no such further enquiry shall be ordered unless it is intended to meet a situation where the Court has passed an order purely on technical grounds without going into the merits of the case.
(5) An order of suspension made or deemed to have been made under these regulations may at any time be modified or revoked by the Competent Authority which made or is deemed to have made the order.