2.13.31:Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Employees’ Service) Regulations, 2017
31. Maternity leave and paternity leave.
(1) A female employee shall be entitled to maternity leave for a period not exceeding-
(a) 180 days at a time for birth of a child;
(b) 20 days (including stay in hospital) for undergoing hysterectomy operation;
(c) 45 days during the entire service in case of miscarriage, including abortion, on production of medical certificate.
(2) The Board may grant leave of any other kind admissible to the female employee in combination with, or in continuation of maternity leave under sub-regulation (1), if the request for its grant is supported by requisite medical certificate.
(3) A male employee with less than two surviving children shall be entitled to leave for a period of fifteen days per child in a single instance, from fifteen days prior to the delivery or up to six months from the date of such delivery or six months from the date of adoption in case he has adopted a child through proper legal process.
(4) The Board may grant leave of any other kind admissible to the male employee in combination with, or in continuation of leave under sub-regulation (3) other than casual leave and special casual leave.