2.12.16:Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Fast Track Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) Regulations, 2017
16. Committee with only operational creditors.
(1) Where the corporate debtor has no financial debt or where all financial creditors are related parties of the corporate debtor, the committee shall be set up in accordance with this Regulation.
(2) The committee formed under this Regulation shall consist of following members: –
(a) eighteen largest operational creditors by value:
Provided that if the number of operational creditors is less than eighteen, the committee shall include all such operational creditors;
(b) one representative elected by all workmen other than those workmen included under sub-clause (a); and
(c) one representative elected by all employees other than those employees included under sub-clause (a).
(3) Every member of the committee formed under this Regulation shall have voting rights in proportion of the debt due to such creditor or debt represented by such representative, as the case may be, to the total debt.
Explanation – For the purposes of this sub-regulation, ‘total debt’ means the sum of-
(a) the amount of debt due to the creditors listed in sub-regulation 2(a);
(b) the amount of the aggregate debt due to workmen under sub-regulation 2(b); and
(c) the amount of the aggregate debt due to employees under sub-regulation 2(c).
(4) A committee formed under this Regulation and its members shall have the same rights, powers, duties and obligations as a committee comprising financial creditors and its members, as the case may be.