2.11.9:Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Inspection and Investigation) Regulations, 2017
9. Interim Investigation Report.
(1) The Investigating Authority may submit an interim investigation report to the Board, if it considers appropriate, keeping in view the nature and progress of investigation.
(2) The Investigating Authority shall submit an interim investigation report, if required by the Board.
(3) If the Board is satisfied from the interim investigation report that prima facie, there is a gross violation of the provisions of the Code, or the rules or regulations made thereunder, by the service provider and an immediate action under sub-section (2) of section 220 is warranted, the Board shall refer the matter to the Disciplinary Committee for an appropriate action.
(4) On consideration of the interim investigation report, the Disciplinary Committee may pass an interim order with appropriate directions to the service provider.
(5) The interim order referred to sub-regulation (4) shall lapse on expiry of 90 days.