2.11.4:Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Inspection and Investigation) Regulations, 2017
4. Conduct of Inspection.
(1) The Inspecting Authority shall serve a notice of inspection to the service provider at least 10 days before the commencement of inspection:
Provided that where the Inspecting Authority is satisfied that the notice will cause undue delay in inspection or there is an apprehension that records of the service provider may be destroyed, mutilated, altered, falsified or secreted, after the notice is served, it may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, dispense with such notice.
(2) The Inspecting Authority may require the service provider or an associated person to submit records, as may be required, before the commencement of inspection.
(3) The Inspecting Authority may visit the offices of the service provider for conducting the on-site inspection.
(4) It shall be the duty of the service provider and an associated person to produce before the Inspecting Authority such records in his custody or control and furnish to the Inspecting Authority such statements and information relating to its activities within such time as the Inspecting Authority may require.
(5) The service provider shall allow the Inspecting Authority to have access to the premises occupied by such service provider or by any other person on its behalf and extend facility for examination of any records in the possession of the service provider or any such other person and provide copies of records or other material which in the opinion of the Inspecting Authority are relevant for the inspection.
(6) The Inspecting Authority shall, in the course of inspection, may examine and record statements of any associated person of the service provider in relation to the affairs of his business.
(7) It shall be the duty of the service provider and an associated person to give to the Inspecting Authority all assistance which the Inspecting Authority may reasonably require in connection with the inspection.