2.11.12:Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Inspection and Investigation) Regulations, 2017
12. Show-cause notice.
(1) The show-cause notice shall be in writing and shall state-
(a) the provisions of the Code under which it has been issued;
(b) the details of the alleged facts;
(c) the details of the evidence in support of the alleged facts;
(d) the provisions of the Code, or the rules, regulations or guidelines made thereunder, allegedly violated;
(e) the actions or directions that the Board proposes to take or issue, if the allegations are established; and
(f) the time within which the noticee may make written submission.
(2) For the purposes of clause (e) of sub-regulation (1), the Board shall take into account, but not limited to, the following factors: –
(a) the nature and seriousness of the alleged contraventions, including whether it was deliberate, reckless or negligent on the part of the noticee;
(b) the consequences and impact of the alleged contravention, including –
(i) unfair advantage gained by the noticee as a result of the alleged contravention;
(ii) loss caused, or likely to be caused, to clients or any other person as a result of the alleged contravention; and
(iii) the conduct of the noticee after the occurrence of the alleged contravention, and prior to the alleged contraventions.
(3) The show-cause notice shall provide at least 21 days to the noticee to make a written submission.
(4) The show-cause notice shall state, if a noticee fails to respond under sub-regulation (3) within the given time, it shall be disposed of based on the material available on record.
(5) The show-cause notice shall enclose copies of relevant documents and extracts of relevant portions from the report of investigation or inspection, or other records.
(6) A show-cause notice issued shall be served on the noticee-
(a) by sending it to the noticee at its registered office, by registered post with acknowledgement due; and
(b) by an appropriate electronic form to the email address provided by the service provider to the Board.
(7) The Board shall refer the show-cause notice to the Disciplinary Committee alongwith all the relevant records including the written submissions, if any, made by the noticee in the matter.