17.1.5-Companies (Registered Valuers and Valuation) Rules, 2017
5. Valuation Examination.
(1) The shall, either on its own or through a designated agency, conduct valuation examination for one or more asset classes, for individuals, who possess the qualifications and experience as specified in rule 4, and have completed their educational courses as member of a registered valuers organisation, to test their professional knowledge, skills, values and ethics in respect of valuation:
Provided that the authority may recognise an educational course conducted by a registered valuers organisation before its recognition as adequate for the purpose of appearing for valuation examination:
Provided also that the authority may recognise an examination conducted as part of a master’s or post graduate degree course conducted by a University which is equivalent to the valuation examination.
(2) The authority shall determine the syllabus for various valuation specific subjects or assets classes for the valuation examination on the recommendation of one or more Committee of experts constituted by the authority in this regard.
(3) The syllabus, format and frequency of the valuation examination, including qualifying marks, shall be published on the website of the authority at least three months before the examination.
(4) An individual who passes the valuation examination, shall receive acknowledgement of passing the examination.
(5) An individual may appear for the valuation examination any number of times.
Delegation of powers to IBBI. Notification dated 23.10.2017