Every existing shall, within one month of the receipt of Director Identification Number from the Central Government, his Director Identification Number to the or all companies wherein he is a director.
11.1.10-Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules,2014
10. Allotment of DIN.-
(1) On the submission of the Form DIR-3 on the portal and payment of the requisite amount of fees through online mode
the provisional DIN shall be generated by the system automatically which shall not be utilized till the DIN is confirmed by the Central Government.
(2) After generation of the
provisional DIN, the Central Government shall process the applications received for allotment of DIN under sub-rule (2) of rule 9, decide on the approval or rejection thereof and communicate the same to the applicant along with the DIN allotted in case of approval by way of a letter by post or electronically or in any other mode, within a period of one month from the receipt of such application.
(3) If the Central Government, on examination, finds such application to be defective or incomplete in any respect, it shall give intimation of such defect or incompleteness, by placing it on the website and by email to the applicant who has filed such application, directing the applicant to rectify such defects or incompleteness by resubmitting the application within a period of fifteen days of such placing on the website and email:
Provided that the Central Government shall –
(a) reject the application and direct the applicant to file fresh application with complete and correct information, where the defect has been rectified partially or the information given is still found to be defective;
(b) treat and label such application as invalid in the electronic record in case the defects are not removed within the given time; and
(c) inform the applicant either by way of letter by post or electronically or in any other mode.
(5) All Director Identification Numbers allotted to individual(s) by the Central Government before the commencement of these rules shall be deemed to have been allotted to them under these rules.
(6) The Director Identification Number so allotted under these rules is valid for the life-time of the applicant and shall not be allotted to any other person.
(1) Every director, functioning as a director in one or more companies on or before the 30th June, 2007 and who has not yet intimated his DIN to such company or companies shall, within one month of the receipt of Director Identification Number from the Central Government, intimate his Director Identification Number to the company or all companies wherein he is a director as per Form DIR-3B.
(2) The intimation by the company of Director Identification Number of its directors under section 157 of the Act shall be furnished in Form DIR-3C within fifteen days of receipt of intimation under section 156.