(1) An operational creditor may, on the occurrence of a default, deliver a demand notice of unpaid operational debtor copy of an invoice demanding payment of the amount involved in the default to the corporate debtor in such form and manner
(2) The corporate debtor shall, within a period of ten days of the receipt of the demand notice or copy of the invoice mentioned in sub-section (1) bring to the notice of the operational creditor—
(i) by sending an attested copy of the record of electronic transfer of the unpaid amount from the bank account of the corporate debtor; or
(ii) by sending an attested copy of record that the operational creditor has encashed a cheque issued by the corporate debtor.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this section, a “demand notice” means a notice served by an operational creditor to the corporate debtor demanding
repayment of the operational debt in respect of which the default has occurred.
1.2.5: Insolvency and Bankruptcy (Application to Adjudicating Authority) Rules, 2016.
5. Demand notice by operational creditor.—
(1) An operational creditor shall deliver to the corporate debtor, the following documents, namely.-
(2) The demand notice or the copy of the invoice demanding payment referred to in sub-section (2) of section 8 of the Code, may be delivered to the corporate debtor,
(a) at the registered office by hand, registered post or speed post with acknowledgement due; or
(b) by electronic mail service to a whole time director or designated partner or key managerial personnel, if any, of the corporate debtor.
(3) A copy of demand notice or invoice demanding payment served under this rule by an operational creditor shall also be filed with an information utility, if any.
IBC-Enforcement Notification [S.O.3594(E)] dated 30/11/2016
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018 dated 06.06.2018 [repealed by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Act, 2018 dated 17.08.2018 w.e.f., 06.06.2018]
Form 3-IBC (Form of Demand Notice/Invoice demanding Payment)
Form 4-IBC(Form of Notice with which invoice demanding payment is to be attached)